30 Jul BI Developer – Short Term Insurance
Position: BI Developer / Reporter
Safire Insurance Company Limited, with our head office in Pietermaritzburg, is a specialist short-term insurer.
Do you want to become part of this fast-growing and progressive company?
We value our staff members and choose our people according to the highest standards of professionalism, dedication, enthusiasm and drive. If you have what it takes, you’ll join a motivated team of forward-thinkers.
A new exciting and challenging position has become available in this dynamic organisation.
- A proficient SQL Developer who can step it up a notch and work well in a team
- Provide specialist support services for Data Migration and BI applications
- Matric / Grade 12
- Qualification in SSRS or other BI reporting tools
- IT related degree
- Microsoft Business Intelligence certifications
- 2-3 years with experience in data warehouse design
- 2-3 years with business intelligence reporting
- 3-5 years’ work experience in data analysis / mining.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in BI
- Report writing using SSRS or other BI report and dashboard development tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Develop SSIS packages
- Develop reports in Visual Studio
- Develop Analysis Services cubes
- MS-Access skills would be an advantage
- Skilled in developing T-SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014
Skills and personal attributes:
- Ability to work independently
- Dedicated and proud of their work
- Performance-driven and results-orientated with a relentless drive to succeed
- Ability to work within a team and / or individually on projects
- A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills. Must be able to demonstrate a strong number orientation through abilities in mathematics, accounting, statistics and finance
- Advanced understanding of data warehousing concepts as described by subject matter though leaders
- Result driven and pressure resilient
CVs are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate salary requirements on application as well as a recent head and shoulder photo. While we would like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.