19 Jul Claims Accountant
Safire Insurance Company Limited, with our head office in Pietermaritzburg, is a niche short-term insurer.
Do you want to become part of this fast-growing and progressive company?
We value our staff members and choose our people according to the highest standards of professionalism, dedication, enthusiasm, and drive. If you have what it takes, you’ll join a motivated team of forward-thinkers.
This dynamic organisation is looking for a Claims Accountant to assist in the smooth running of the claims department, within authority levels takes place according to the agreed standards, service levels and procedures.
- Analysing claim invoices and authorising claim payments
- Reconcile claim statements and claims bordereaux
- Ensuring mandates are adhered to and procedures are followed by the claim team
- Assisting with procurement policies and procurement management
- Matric / Grade 12
- Finance qualification
- Advanced Excel
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills
- Advanced Excel Skills including advanced formula and working with pivot tables
- Short-term claims would be an advantage
- Procurement would be an advantage
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication (English and Afrikaans)
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent reconciliation skills
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail and distinct ability to identify errors
- Team player
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Good communication and listening skills (excellent telephone etiquette)
- Maintain effective office procedures
- Well-spoken, presentable and punctual
- Conversant in English and Afrikaans
- A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach
Should you fit all the above requirements, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate salary requirements on application as well as a recent head and shoulder photo.
While we would like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.