30 Jul Claims Handler – short-term insurance – motor and GST
Safire Insurance Company Limited, with our head office in Pietermaritzburg, is a specialist short-term insurer.
Do you want to become part of this fast-growing and progressive company?
We value our staff members and choose our people according to the highest standards of professionalism, dedication, enthusiasm and drive. If you have what it takes, you’ll join a motivated team of forward-thinkers.
This dynamic organisation is looking for claim handlers to ensure that all claims within authority levels take place according to the agreed standards, service levels and procedures.
- Check policy cover details, premiums and excesses
- Ensure that all the relevant documentation has been received
- Appoint assessors when necessary
- Negotiate claims with brokers
- Arrange upliftment of write-offs
- Release payments
- Prepare agreement of loss
- Arrange settlement to finance companies
- Provide high quality service and solutions to brokers to ensure business retention and profitable growth
- Provide qualitative service levels to internal and external clients
- Attend to all correspondence
- Check claim reports
- Meet various deadlines
- Afrikaans and English
- Matric/Grade 12 Accountancy and Maths
- A full qualification in short-term insurance would be an advantage or a full legal qualification
- RE5 would be an advantage
- 5 years’+ short-term domestic and commercial insurance experience
- Good understanding of short-term procedures
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and insurance systems (preferably flexi)
- Strong attention to detail and distinct ability to identify grammatical and spelling errors
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent administration skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Good client service skills
- Good communication and listening skills (excellent telephone etiquette)
- Maintain effective office procedures
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Conversant in English and Afrikaans
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach
- Sound knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements
CVs are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate salary requirements on application as well as a recent head and shoulder photo.
While we would like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.