29 Sep Claims Handler – short-term insurance – motor and non motor
Position: Claims Handler – short-term insurance – motor and non motor
Safire Insurance Company Limited in Pietermaritzburg is a specialist insurer that operates according to the ‘five fingers’: our core principles that differentiate us from other companies.
Do you want to become part of this fast-growing and progressive company?
We value our staff members and choose our people according to the highest standards of professionalism, dedication, enthusiasm and drive. If you have what it takes, you’ll join a motivated team of forward-thinkers.
- Check policy cover details, premiums and excesses.
- Ensure that all the relevant documentation has been received.
- Appoint assessors when necessary.
- Negotiate claims with brokers.
- Arrange upliftment of write offs.
- Release payments.
- Prepare agreement of loss.
- Arrange settlement to finance companies.
- Provide high quality service and solutions to brokers to ensure business retention and profitable growth.
- Provide qualitative service levels to internal and external clients.
- Attend to all correspondence.
- Check claim reports.
- Meet various deadlines.
- Afrikaans and English.
- Matric/Grade 12 Accountancy and Maths.
- A full qualification in short-term insurance would be an advantage.
- RE5 would be an advantage.
- 5+ years short-term domestic and commercial insurance experience.
- Good understanding of short-term procedures.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and insurance systems (preferably flexi).
- Strong attention to detail and distinct ability to identify grammatical and spelling errors.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent administration skills.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Problem solver.
- Team player.
- Good client service skills.
- Good communication and listening skills (excellent telephone etiquette).
- Maintain effective office procedures.
- Well-spoken and presentable.
- Conversant in English and Afrikaans.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach.
- Sound knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements.
CVs are to be submitted to email@example.com. Please indicate salary requirements on application as well as a recent head and shoulder photo. While we would like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.