15 May Claims Handler – GST
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE
- Check policy cover details, premiums and excesses.
- Ensure that all the relevant / necessary claims documentation has been received.
- Appoint assessors where necessary.
- Attend to all correspondence, including telephonic enquiries.
- Prepare Agreements of Loss where necessary.
- Negotiate with service providers where necessary.
- Prepare payments for purposes of release.
- Provide instructions relating to salvage and monitor the upliftment of salvage (where applicable).
- Negotiate claims with brokers and assist brokers where such assistance is required.
- Motivate the team to achieve targets.
- Stimulate growth and improvement within the Claims Department.
- Process claims in a fair and fast manner.
- Ensure that strict SLAs are adhered to in terms of the turnaround times.
- Ensure all risks are within Safire’s risk appetite and reinsurance parameters.
- Assist and support the team with claim matters.
- Assist with overflow of work.
- Actively assist with team queries and resolve challenges speedily.
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Matric/Grade 12 (Accountancy and Maths).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advantageous).
- A full qualification in Short-term Insurance (Advantageous).
- RE5 would be an advantage.
- Strong claims experience with a minimum of 3 years or more as a claim’s handler.
THE COMPETENCIES WE REQUIRE ARE
- Proficiency in analysis, judgement, problem-solving, collaboration, business logic, and influencing.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite with excellent Outlook, Excel, and Word skills.
- Proficiency in working with insurance systems.
- Proficiency in the relevant legislative knowledge.
- Technically proficient with product knowledge relevant to type of insurance being offered.
THE TYPE OF PERSONALITY THAT WILL EXCEL IN OUR TEAM
- Acts ethically and respectfully in every situation.
- Works meticulously with a very high attention to detail.
- Highly organised and delivers work on time, and to the highest standard.
- Builds strong and cohesive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Can work under pressure and with a sense of urgency and assertiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration.
HOW TO APPLY
This job is based in Pietermaritzburg, KZN.
If you think that you are the perfect fit for this position, please apply by sending a motivational letter and cv to email@example.com
with the subject line – Job Reference SAF-007-2023.
Please note that by expressing interest and applying for the opportunity advertised, the applicant understands and agrees that they are
providing their personal information for the purposes of prospective employment. Any information supplied to Safire Insurance
Company Ltd (“Safire”) is provided voluntarily and therefore constitutes specific, voluntary consent to the processing of such
information. Your personal information will be processed for: –
- Facilitating your application for employment with Safire;
- Conducting various reference / background checks;
- The legitimate interest of Safire and / or yourself, both during the recruitment process and thereafter; and
- Any statutory or regulatory compliance (where applicable).
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information. Subject to the requirements of applicable South
African law, you can, at any time, instruct Safire to cease the processing of your personal information and / or request that Safire delete
and / or de-identify such personal information.
Safire is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of Safire. An application will not entitle
the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of
the closing date of this job advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.