30 Mar Claims Handler
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE
- Carry out the claims handling / negotiation process within one’s assigned mandate.
- Manage a portfolio of brokers and the claims emanating from such portfolio.
- Facilitate and process the transfer of required claims information between brokers and Safire in an accurate and timeous
- Provide high quality service and solutions to brokers to ensure business retention and profitable growth.
- Ensure the required needs of internal and external clients and service providers are met.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with clients / brokers assigned to you.
- Engage in projects and be a part of the development of the Claims Department as a whole.
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Matric / Grade 12 (Accounting and Maths) – a min. requirement.
- FAIS Regulatory Examination (RE1 and RE5) (advantageous).
- Full qualification in short-term insurance (advantageous).
- Registered with FSCA as a Representative and Key Individual (advantageous).
- Adherence to the FSCA Fit and Proper requirements.
- Min 3 years of experience in short-term insurance – both domestic and commercial insurance.
THE COMPETENCIES WE REQUIRE ARE
- Proficiency in analysis, judgement, problem-solving, collaboration, business logic, and influencing.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite with excellent Outlook, Excel, and Word skills.
- Proficiency in working with insurance systems.
- Proficiency in the relevant legislative knowledge.
- Technically proficient with product knowledge relevant to type of insurance being offered.
THE TYPE OF PERSONALITY THAT WILL EXCEL IN OUR TEAM
- Acts ethically and respectfully in every situation.
- Works meticulously with a very high attention to detail.
- Highly organised and deliver work on time, and to the highest standard.
- Builds strong and cohesive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Can work under pressure and with a sense of urgency and assertiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration.
How to apply
This job is based in Pietermaritzburg, KZN.
If you think that you are the perfect fit for this position and have the minimum qualifications, experience, required skills and personal
attributes, please apply by sending a covering letter, cv, name and contacts of references and qualifications to
Please note that by expressing interest and applying for the opportunity advertised, the applicant understands and agrees that they are providing their personal information for the purposes of prospective employment. Any information supplied to Safire Insurance Company Ltd (“Safire”) is provided voluntarily and therefore constitutes specific, voluntary consent to the processing of such information. Your personal information will be processed for: –
- Facilitating your application for employment with Safire;
- Conducting various reference / background checks;
- The legitimate interest of Safire and/or yourself, both during the recruitment process and thereafter; and
- Any statutory or regulatory compliance (where applicable).
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information. Subject to the requirements of applicable South African law, you can, at any time, instruct Safire to cease the processing of your personal information and / or request that Safire delete and / or de-identify such personal information.
Safire is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of Safire. An application will not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date of this job advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.