15 May Head of Motor
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE
- Manage the motor claims portfolio and the team of staff making up this sub-department within the company’s Claims
- Oversee the short-term motor own damage and motor third party liability pillars, manage the supplier procurement process
and assist in identifying trends surrounding the motor risks faced by the company.
- Manage and report to the Claims Manager in relation to motor claims costs and trends.
- Develop, monitor and report to the Claims Manager on the effectiveness of claims-spend strategies.
- Manage and develop claims processes within the motor space to ensure effective claims administration.
- Manage and report on service provider performance and spend.
- Effectively contribute towards the management of the Claims Department.
- Provide technical advice and support to the team of staff falling within the motor claims portfolio.
- Assist in handling clients’ and brokers’ complaints and appeals in a professional manner.
- Ensure staff responsibilities and expectations are met through continuous supervision and management.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with clients and brokers.
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field (essential).
- A full qualification in Short-term Insurance (advantageous).
- Management and business experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of statutory and legislative requirements, Short-term Insurance Act/FAIS/Fit and Proper
THE COMPETENCIES WE REQUIRE ARE
- Proficiency in analysis, judgement, problem-solving, collaboration, negotiation, business logic, and influencing.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite with excellent Outlook, Excel (Super User), and Word skills.
- Proficiency in working with insurance systems.
- Technically proficient with product knowledge, wording / product endorsements, rates, SASRIA, etc. relevant to type of
insurance being offered.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong ability to interact with management at all levels.
THE TYPE OF PERSONALITY THAT WILL EXCEL IN OUR TEAM
- Acts ethically and respectfully in every situation.
- Works meticulously with attention to detail.
- Highly organised and delivers work on time, and to the highest standard.
- Builds strong and cohesive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Can work under pressure and with a sense of urgency and assertiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work-related tasks.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Good understanding of short-term insurance procedures.
- Understanding of claims process management.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
HOW TO APPLY
This job is based in Pietermaritzburg, KZN.
If you think that you are the perfect fit for this position, please apply by sending a motivational letter and cv to email@example.com
with the subject line – Job Reference SAF-005-2023.
Please note that by expressing interest and applying for the opportunity advertised, the applicant understands and agrees that they are providing their personal information for the purposes of prospective employment. Any information supplied to Safire Insurance Company Ltd (“Safire”) is provided voluntarily and therefore constitutes specific, voluntary consent to the processing of such information. Your personal information will be processed for: –
- Facilitating your application for employment with Safire;
- Conducting various reference / background checks;
- The legitimate interest of Safire and/or yourself, both during the recruitment process and thereafter; and
- Any statutory or regulatory compliance (where applicable).
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information. Subject to the requirements of applicable South African law, you can, at any time, instruct Safire to cease the processing of your personal information and / or request that Safire delete and / or de-identify such personal information.
Safire is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Provided potential candidates meet the inherent requirements of the job (as determined by
Safire in its sole discretion), preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates from designated groups. An application will not
entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2
weeks of the closing date of this job advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.