06 Oct Head of Property & Casualty
Posted at 14:30h in
Date Posted: 2021/10/06 | Department: Claims | Expiry Date: 2021/10/31
- Manage the claims portfolio: property and casualty.
- Oversee the short-term property and liability pillars, procurement, assist with wording and rating of property & casualty risks.
- Manage and report claims costs and procurement.
- Monitor and report claims cost savings strategies.
- Manage and develop claims processes and strategies.
- Manage and report on service provider performance and costings.
- Effectively contribute towards the management of the Claims department.
- Provide technical advice and support to the claims team falling within the property and casualty claims portfolio.
- Assist in handling clients and brokers complaints and appeals in a professional manner.
- Ensure the claims team expectations are achieved through continuous supervision and management.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with clients and brokers.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field (essential).
- A full qualification in Short-term Insurance (advantageous).
- RE5 (advantageous).
- Proficiency Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams).
- Very strong Excel skills (Super user).
- Management and business experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of statutory and legislative requirements Short-term Insurance Act/FAIS/Fit and Proper etc (advantageous).
- Claims experience (advantageous).
Skills and personal attributes
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Excellent problem-solver with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work-related tasks.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Good understanding of Short-term insurance procedures.
- Understanding of claims process management.
- Technical knowledge of product wording and contracts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.