PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (POPI)
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
In today’s rapidly advancing digital age, the protection of personal information is a key concern for consumers and the general public. Accordingly, the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA) prescribes that all entities must have measures in place to protect the personal information that they have for the people that they deal with. At Safire, we are committed to protecting your personal information and ensure that it is treated with the utmost of confidence and in accordance with POPIA. In this regard:
- All personal information collected and stored by Safire is securely managed within a strict information- and data governance framework.
Safire’s skilled team of IT specialists continuously monitor Safire’s IT infrastructure, security, database management, and reporting services, thereby ensuring that information stored on Safire’s system and database is only accessed by people who are authorised to do so by Safire.
- Safire will not disclose your personal information to any person without your consent, unless it is in the public domain or Safire is obliged to disclose such information by law, court order, as part of legal proceedings, or for any other lawful reason.
- Safire may disclose your personal information to its employees, service providers, reinsurers, auditors, and marketing agents where they require such information in order to enhance Safire’s products or services, or to provide you with underwriting and claims related services.
Rest assured, all of Safire’s employees, service providers, reinsurers, auditors, and marketing agents are contractually obliged to keep your information safe and to not disclose such information to any third party unlawfully.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to affiliated service providers for promotional material or in order to receive newsletters from Safire. You however have the option to ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving promotional material or newsletters from Safire. Should you require any assistance in unsubscribing from promotional material, you may contact Safire via email at email@example.com.
- Safire may provide third parties with general information for historical, statistical, or research purposes, but this information will not include any personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT:
If your personal information is being processed by Safire, you have the right to request access to your personal information. You can make such a request by completing our Information Request Form, which you can access here. Please then send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unhappy with the manner in which Safire has processed, or is processing your personal information, you have a right to submit a Complaint. You can submit a complaint by completing our Complaint Form, which you can access here. Please then send the completed Complaint form to email@example.com.
Please note that should you be dissatisfied with the outcome of your Complaint, you also have the right to submit a Complaint to the Information Regulator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safire’s Deputy Information Officer handles POPIA related requests and complaints. The relevant details of our Information Officer and Deputy Information Officer are as follows:
Mr Pierre Bekker (Chief Executive Officer)
Deputy Information Officer
Ms Heleen Botha (Chief Financial Officer)
(P) 033 264 8500 / 033 815 9300