30 Jul Underwriting Assistant Manager – short-term insurance – commercial and domestic
Safire Insurance Company Limited, with our head office in Pietermaritzburg, is a specialist short-term insurer.
Do you want to become part of this fast-growing and progressive company?
We value our staff members and choose our people according to the highest standards of professionalism, dedication, enthusiasm and drive. If you have what it takes, you’ll join a motivated team of forward-thinkers.
A new exciting and challenging position has become available in the marketing department of this dynamic organisation.
- Providing high quality service and solutions to brokers and broker consultants to ensure business retention and profitable growth
- Providing qualitative service levels to internal and external clients
- Providing accurate and relevant risk reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Dealing with brokers, clients, complaints etc
- Managing a team of underwriters
- Managing the underwriting processes
- Matric/Grade 12
- Business degree – preferably B.COM with accounting
- Relevant legislative knowledge i.e. SAM, POPI
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- A skills programme in short-term insurance would be an advantage
- RE5 would be an advantage
- Short-term Insurance qualification is not a prerequisite but a skills programme in insurance would be an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in short-term insurance both domestic and commercial insurance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in risk and enterprise risk management environment
- Good understanding of short-term procedures
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and insurance systems (preferably flexi)
- Strong attention to detail and distinct ability to identify grammatical and spelling errors
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent people and organisational skills
- Excellent process management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
Skills and personal attributes:
- Effective time-management skills
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Good client service skills
- Good communication and listening skills (excellent telephone etiquette)
- Maintain effective office procedures
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Conversant in English and Afrikaans
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise
- Exceptional attention to detail with a thorough approach to work
- A strong can-do attitude and an energetic positive approach
- Sound knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements
- Skilled in writing concise, accurate and objective reports
- Strong management skills
CVs are to be submitted to email@example.com. Please indicate salary requirements on application as well as a recent head and shoulder photo.
While we would like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.