Fraud is not a “victimless crime”
When fraudulent claims are made by clients who are insured, it reduces the amount of resources available and inevitably this will result in the necessity of increased premiums for everyone. Fraud, corruption and theft by anyone, whether clients or company employees, is a betrayal of a legal relationship that impacts on us all.
Checklist of information before you submit your report
Before submitting your report, try to gather together as much relevant information as possible. Use this checklist as a guide:
· Names of the people involved
· How many people are involved?
· Date, time and location of the incident or theft
· Does this happen regularly?
· Is there money involved?
· Do you have any tangible proof?
· Are there any witnesses?
If you would like to report a concern about suspected fraudulent behaviour, we encourage you to make use of one of the below options:
1. Contact the Insurance Fraudline at the Insurance Crime Bureau to report any type of insurance-related fraud. Tip-off information can be provided via their toll-free number, e-mail address, website or SMS text messages. For more information, please visit https://www.tip-offs.com/MakeReport.aspx
2. Alternately, our Safire fraud hotline discreetly handles all allegations of fraud, corruption, theft, and unethical behaviour committed against Safire, by anyone. Information is sent directly to the most senior levels of Safire Insurance Company Limited.
To report any concerns, please either:
Contact Miranda Oosthuizen on 033 264 8500;
Or complete the following form, providing as much information as possible.