01 Sep Charger fires
Posted at 10:03h in Safire Highlights
Leaving unattached chargers plugged in can be potentially dangerous, with cell-phone chargers causing about a dozen fires in the United States every year. If your phone charger is plugged into the wall, electricity is constantly flowing through it, whether your phone is attached to it or not. Experts says that it would take a short circuit inside of the charger for it to malfunction and that could come from any component, often because of a power surge. This fire risk has increased as cell-phones become more powerful. Locate your battery recharging station in a safe area, such as a tabletop clear of any other objects and away from anything flammable, and recharge while you are at home (not overnight).