TERMS & CONDITIONS
OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
1. Keeping your personal information confidential
In today’s rapidly advancing digital age, the protection of personal information is a key concern for consumers and the general public. Accordingly, the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA) prescribes that all entities must have measures in place to protect the personal information that they have for the people that they deal with. At Safire, we are committed to protecting your personal information and ensure that it is treated with the utmost of confidence and in accordance with POPIA. In this regard:
- All personal information collected and stored by Safire is securely managed within a strict information- and data governance framework.
Safire’s skilled team of IT specialists continuously monitor Safire’s IT infrastructure, security, database management, and reporting services, thereby ensuring that information stored on Safire’s system and database is only accessed by people who are authorised to do so by Safire.
- Safire will not disclose your personal information to any person without your consent, unless it is in the public domain or Safire is obliged to disclose such information by law, court order, as part of legal proceedings, or for any other lawful reason.
- Safire may disclose your personal information to its employees, service providers, reinsurers, auditors, and marketing agents where they require such information in order to enhance Safire’s products or services, or to provide you with underwriting and claims related services.
Rest assured, all of Safire’s employees, service providers, reinsurers, auditors, and marketing agents are contractually obliged to keep your information safe and to not disclose such information to any third party.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to affiliated service providers for promotional material or in order to receive newsletters from Safire. You however have the option to ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving promotional material or newsletters from Safire. Should you require any assistance in unsubscribing from promotional material, you may contact Safire via email at email@example.com.
- Safire may provide third parties with general information for historical, statistical, or research purposes, but this information will not include any personal information.
2. Copyrights and trademarks
The information and documentation provided on this website is the proprietary information of Safire and is subject to its rights of copyright. This information and documentation are made available subject to the express condition that it may only be viewed, downloaded and printed by you for your exclusive personal and non-commercial use. You may not utilise, transmit, modify, copy or commercially exploit this website or any of its content for any purpose whatsoever, other than for the purpose of engaging in insurance business with Safire.
All content, trademarks, logos, domain names, and all other forms of intellectual property pertaining to this website shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Safire and the relevant authors or licensors.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the content on this website, Safire does not give any assurance regarding such accuracy or correctness and accordingly does not accept any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from any reliance placed in the content on this website.
Furthermore, we are fully committed to providing you with the best possible service. However, Safire does not accept any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused by or attributable to any:
- Interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information caused by a power failure, defective equipment or software, fire, natural disasters, strike action, or any other cause beyond Safire’s reasonable control;
- Breach of privacy, security or confidentiality or any infringement of intellectual property rights by a third party;
- Your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your personal username and password, or the disclosure of your username and/or password to a third party;
- Hacking, virus, or any other computer program or software that is intended to breach, damage, detrimentally interfere with, secretively intercept, or expropriate any software program, system, data or personal information;
- Failure to adhere to the provisions of these Ts & Cs.
4. Electronic communications
(including emails, SMS messages or messages sent via platforms such as WhatsApp or similar)
Electronic communications sent by Safire contain privileged and confidential information and may be subject to legal privilege. Such electronic communications (including attachments) are intended solely for the use of the person or organisation to whom they are addressed.
Should you receive an electronic communication in error, please notify Safire immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we ask that you please delete such communication from your computer or device.